A common social studies class assignment, after spending a far-too-brief time studying our own constitution, is to ask the students for proposed amendment to correct perceived shortcomings in our legal system. Most of them are laughably bad, of course, as most students don’t really understand how the parts of it work together, don’t appreciate the freedoms it recognizes, nor the actions of unintended consequences when there are changing incentives. So, here are a couple of mine. Feel free to add your own thoughts.
- No person with dual citizenship, explicit or implied, naturalized citizenship, or foreign citizenship, may hold any position of power, trust, or authority in areas of critical social, defense, technology, or physical infrastructure, to include but not limited to law or law enforcement, banking, defense, education, news or entertainment media, government at any level, essential software, or food production.
- Require that all congressional speeches and questioning of witnesses for testimony purposes, be given under oath, or with an explicit note in the congressional record that the congressman declined to be honest.
- No US government entity can purchase goods or services not produced within the US, made or supplied by natural-born US citizens.
- No foreign aid money may be appropriated or spent unless the budget is balanced.
- No federal, state, country, or municipal government budget may increase as long as they have any outstanding debts of more than 10% of their current annual budget.
- Any government employee or contractor enforcing a law that is found to be unconstitutional shall be stripped of all government employment and benefits, and can be sued to recover damages by any injured party.
- No real property within the use can be owned by foreign people, corporations, or countries; it can only be leased for up to seven years, revocable because of behavior that is contrary to the interests of the people of the USA. They will have up to three years from the time this passes to sell it in an orderly fashion. If they do not sell it, then it will be confiscated by the federal government, advertised widely, and sold at auction to residents of, or corporation incorporated within, the state where said property exists. No individual or corporation, directly or indirectly, own more than 25 family homes in one state, or more than 200 in total.
- Immigrants are not eligible for any public assistance. Illegal immigrants are subject to immediate deportation. Illegal immigrants who are convicted of any crime of violence are subject to any penalty up to summary execution by hanging or firing squad. Anyone attempting to cross the border illegally at locations other than properly regulated and designated border crossings may be considered an enemy combatant and dealt with accordingly. Any nation encouraging their citizens to illegally imigrate into the US shall suffer trade sanctions; any nation on our borders allowing or helping foreign national to cross their nation in enter the US illegally SHALL suffer increases tariffs and/or other substantial sanctions.
- No “civil asset forfeiture” may be done without a crime proven in a court of law, nor can assets seized be in any way used to enrich the seizing entities or individuals.
- No more anchor-babies; exact wording may need to be rather more complex than some other items to cover variations on a theme. Something like: Natural-born full citizenship is granted automatically to those who have: two citizen biological parents; one natural-born and one resident alien biological parents who are married and stay married until the kid is 18; one natural-born and one resident alien biological parents who accept full financial responsibility for the child, and the child in born on US territory; the mother is a natural born citizen and gives birth on US territory. Any child born on US soil to a woman who is an illegal immigrant or temporary visitor such as student or tourist, shall be deported with the mother to her home country within 10 days (or as soon as reasonably possible), with a certificate of live birth that does NOT recognize or grant citizenship. A child born on US soil to a resident alien woman not married to a US citizen for more than 6 months at the time of birth shall be deported when her current employment contract is up. Any citizen helping immigrants enter the country illegally shall have voting rights stripped for a period of not less than 5 years, restored upon application and continued exemplary behavior; repeated offenses shall have increasing penalties. No refugees from nations not on our physical border will be accepted.
- As this is a fundamentally Christian nation, no one of active non-Cristian faith may hold elected or appointed government job.
- Because of the inherent conflict of interest, no government employee, nor citizen who draws the majority of their annual income from a government transfer payment of any sort, may vote as long as they draw the money.
- The 16th and 17th Amendments are repealed. A sales tax of no more than 20%, “FAIR-Tax” style, with pre-bates to citizens for the taxes on the poverty-line expenses, shall replace the income tax.
- Require all elections to be done with an easily auditable and transparent process that doesn’t rely on automation at centralized locations for counting, or any significant number of mail-in ballots, and defines election fraud as sedition, and is punishable accordingly.
Now, there are some things that should be policy, IMHO, but do not need anything like a constitutional amendment to do them, so we could do them much sooner.
- No immigrant shall be given welfare payments under any guise while we have homeless veterans, or veterans in need of counseling or medical/drug treatment.
- Because the strong nuclear family is the building block of any stable society, tax and other policy should incentivize it strongly.
- Government is instituted for the stability of the social order and the betterment of citizens of this once-great but now-faltering nation; we cannot be, and should not be, the sugar-daddy to the world and the people of everywhere. Fix the home front first.
- No education curriculum should be written or designed or delivered by foreign nationals or people who have divided loyalties via dual citizenship, or are not part of a sustainable nuclear family. All major topics of education should have the “elephant test” applied to the curriculum, as being selective with the truth is a common feature of subversives and liars (they say things that are true, but only half the story).*