The Supreme court has directed district courts to reconsider some cases in light of the Bruen decision.
SUPREME COURT REVERSES LOWER COURT RULINGS ON MAG BAN, “ASSAULT WEAPONS” BAN, CARRY BAN
- A 4th Circuit ruling upholding Maryland’s “assault weapons” ban
- Two rulings (9th Circuit and 3rd Circuit) upholding mag bans in California and New Jersey
- A 9th Circuit ruling upholding Hawaii’s de facto public carry ban (similar to New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen. HI is another may issue state that essentially banned carry)
One of these, the 9th Circuit item, will directly affect the WA state mag limit law. They said:
|Petition GRANTED. Judgment VACATED and case REMANDED for further consideration in light of New York State Rifle & Pistol Assn., Inc. v. Bruen, 597 U. S. ___ (2022).|
It should be a pretty much immediate “that law isn’t legal, it’s struck down” this week. I think Joe’s take is more realistic, quote:
- They will initially say it doesn’t apply to them because the case remanded was in California and Washington is “different”.
- They should be prosecuted, but nothing will happen in that direction.
- SAF’s lawsuit will have to go to the judge which will respond to a petition for summary judgement.
- The judge will delay because the 9th Circuit is taking their time responding to reality.
- The 9th Circuit will delay at least a few months.
- The Washington case will be resolved a month or more after the 9th decides.
So… we will be deprived of our rights until the end of the year or maybe the first quarter of 2023. And none of the criminals who deprived us of our rights will even be considered for prosecution.
Sadly, he’s likely correct. Maybe it can be made a winning issue in the election.